A dermal filler is a type of facial filler, which may be used as part of a cosmetic procedure to restore a more youthful and vibrant appearance to the face.
West Lake Facial Fillers reduce the appearance of crow's feet, laugh lines, and other skin deformities which develop with age, as subcutaneous fat deposits beneath the skin naturally diminish.
What are Dermal Fillers Used for?
This non-invasive, non-surgical cosmetic procedure help tone the face and improve overall appearance providing higher levels of confidence and comfort.
- Contour thin lips, for a smoother and more plump appearance.
- Improve shallow contours, reducing facial shadowing.
- Soften wrinkles and creases in the face for a more youthful appearance.
- Reduce and lighten the look of recessed facial scars.
- Fill in creases under the eyes with Restylane.
- Augment cheekbones and other areas of the face.
- Eliminate wrinkles on the forehead, around the nose and mouth.
- Combat the aging of hands.
Dermal fillers can combat the early signs of aging, providing long-lasting benefits toward the aforementioned aesthetic concerns, as well as improving other areas of decreased skin elasticity resulting from strained facial muscles. Under the guidance of Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Hal Weitzbuch, our team of expert injectors can also provide this treatment as part of an overall skin rejuvenation package
Types of Fillers
Dermal fillers may be temporary, semi-permanent, or permanent. Fillers can be composed of hyaluronic acid or synthetic materials. They are often administered as part of a regimen including botox injections and laser treatment, for overall skin rejuvenation and an improved appearance. Duration is only one of the classifications, however, as there are multiple types of filler based upon composition and accompanying treatments.
Brilliance Dermatology will review all of your available options depending on your targeted areas and goals. Softer fillers will be used in places like the lips, while firmer fillers will be used for areas like the cheekbones. Botox is not a facial filler but can be used simultaneous to certain facial fillers to complement the effects and maximize the results, primarily on the forehead and around the nose and mouth.
How the Procedure Works
A dermal filler will be injected into the affected area to help provide a cushion for the muscle, essentially taking the place of the underlying facial tissue that naturally reduces in size as a person ages. Before the procedure, treatment sites ideal for injection will be identified. Once that's done, the injections may proceed. Numbing of the injection sites is usually achieved through cold temperatures, but a topical anesthetic may be used for maximum patient comfort.
What are the Benefits of Facial Fillers?
Facial fillers are so popular with patients because of the many benefits they provide.
- Short treatment time
- Minimally-invasive treatment
- No downtime, and minimal recovery period
- In most cases, achieves immediate results
- Plumps and lifts sunken cheeks
- Restores lost facial volume
- Achieves smoother, more youthful skin
- Fills wrinkles, lines and creases
- Defines the jawline
- Smoothes and fills hollows under the eyes
- Plumps the lips attractively
- Smooths away wrinkles around the mouth
- Stimulates the production of collagen
- Can be used to perform a liquid facelift or non-surgical rhinoplasty
Who is a Candidate for Facial Fillers?
Patients who want to plump and shape their lips, enhance and define their facial features, and achieve beautiful facial rejuvenation are generally candidates for facial fillers. Ideal candidates for fillers should meet the following criteria:
- Are in good physical health.
- Have no skin infections or breakouts in the facial area.
- Do not have allergies to the ingredients in the filler or fillers used.
- Are not pregnant or nursing.
- Have realistic expectations about what facial fillers can achieve.
An ice pack is often used to help alleviate swelling. Patients usually do not require medication for any discomfort: injection sites may be tender for a day or two, but individuals are usually able to resume their regular routines almost immediately. To minimize bruising, it’s helpful to avoid aspirin for 10 days, and anti-inflammatories like Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and Ibuprofen, and fish oil for 3-4 days, if possible.
The beauty of facial fillers is there is typically no downtime and no need to take off work to recover.
Filler Treatment at our Boutique Clinic
At Brilliance Dermatology, our team of skilled experts strive to provide our patients will outcomes that make them truly happy, and don’t make them look strange or overdone. There is a fine art to achieving this goal, and under the guidance of our award-winning board certified dermatologist, our skincare providers will help you decide what treatment option would work best for your personalized need. Schedule a consult today.
© Brilliance Dermatology. Alternate Phone: (818) 222-7495
All Rights Reserved. Web Design & Internet Marketing by Studio III
Get Started Send Us A Message
WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
We have re-opened are are seeing patients in the office following all state and federal guidelines for protection and safety, including but not limited to: wearing gloves and masks, providing hand sanitizer, frequent cleaning, wiping down and sanitizing of all contact surfaces. As well as will maintain all standard Social Distancing protocols. Patients should not come in if achy, feverish or coughing or COVID positive test for active infection. Schedule a virtual consultation today to explore your options and receive expert recommendations from our award winning board-certified dermatologist and team.